Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Prescriber (APNP)
This is a full- time (40+ hours) permanent position.
Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Prescriber (APNP) addresses, treats, prescribes medications and monitors the psychiatric needs for Evolve clients and works in collaboration with Evolves medical director, psychiatrist, staff and the program and clinical/executive Director.
APNP provides assessment and psychiatric treatment services to individuals in our partial hospitalization (PHP) programs, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and outpatient programs. APNP will also assist with checking client vitals, taking weights, managing labs and medications assess for and managing medical issues/needs, and coordinates care with clients outside medical team. Lastly, APNP will objectively support Evolves program mission for healing, innovation and outcome-measured outpatient care philosophy.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Continuing education monies
- Provides intake assessment for our clients in PHP, IOP and outpatient settings.
- Helps determine clinical level of care based on the Academy for Eating Disorder guidelines.
- Manages and prescribes client medications.
- Coordination of care with outside clinical providers
- Manages the psychiatric needs of the client in our PHP, IOP and outpatient programs
- Assist the staff psychiatrist.
- Collaborate with the staff psychiatrist
- Interprets lab results
- Coordination of care with clients support team and family
- For each assigned case, assess client needs, assist with establishing a differential diagnosis, assist with developing and implementing a treatment plan, evaluate client progress and discharge and/or refer client for further treatment, support or education.
- Provide appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes and billing and submit said documentation as specified by Evolve, insurance and state standards.
- Ensure services are provided with client-centered healing approach and are delivered through goal specific interventions.
- Develop and manage client records from initial assessment through discharge. Maintain the clinical records and compile documentation required by Evolve as well as governing agencies.
- Participate in and act on the results of agency quality assurance and utilization review process.
- Ensure compliance with governing agency and reporting requirements.
- Occasional travel to other Evolve clinics for meetings and staff coverage
- Participate in and contribute to case review, staff meetings, therapy clinical supervision sessions, in services, staff continuing education activities and case consultation with other Evolve clinical staff members and consultants as required.
- Understand and support Evolve’s philosophy and treatment modalities.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding medical issues, background and treatment.
- Ensure client information is protected per HIPPA standards.
- Maintain case files within the electronic health records and paper charting as needed.
- Regularly assess treatment progress with the client, client’s family (when applicable) and clinical treatment team.
- Stay current with updated research and best treatment practices.
- Participate in and contribute to practice development at Evolve by appropriately acknowledging referrals, maintaining existing referral relationships, and developing new practice niches and referral sources.
- Develop and pursue a plan for continuing professional development related to psychotherapy and areas of specialization and maintain required amount of CEU’s on a yearly basis.
- Participate in staff development and enrichment days.
- Coordination of care with outside agencies and insurance carriers.
Personal and Professional Characteristics:
- A cooperative, positive and constructive approach to clients, staff and Evolve agency.
- Mastery of a coherent theory and practice of nursing.
- Familiarity with the use and benefit of mental health treatment.
- Ability to relate the contributions of various disciplines to the therapeutic task and to make appropriate use of interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Ability to gain the trust of referral sources, clients and staff and to protect confidentiality of Evolve clients.
- Active interest in learning and the continuing development of one’s abilities as a psychotherapist.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate personal and professional relationships and boundaries both within and outside of this agency.
- Ability to maintain one’s own health and welfare in the face of the clinical demands of practice
- Ability to complete clinical responsibilities and agreed additional responsibilities in and efficient complete and timely way.
- Ability to have fun and enjoy the work that they do.
- Have an interest in being stretched out of comfort zone and open to personal and professional challenges.
- Love and willingness to learn.
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies.
- Demonstrate concern and empathy towards others as needed, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Exhibit a high degree of ethical conduct, integrity and confidentiality.
- Exhibit clear, professional, respectful and effective communication when interfacing with clients, co-workers, families and external contact.
- Graduation from an accredited or state approved program.
- Training, experience and/or demonstrated interest in mental health.
- Full Wisconsin Licensure for APNP.
- Clean legal record.
- Understanding of eating disorders and eating disorder treatment preferred but will train the appropriate candidate
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Evolve provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Evolve believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct random drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for any of our open positions, please email a current copy of your resume and a cover letter to us:
3416 Association Dr.
Appleton, WI 54914