Special note about dietitian coverage:
An eating disorder program from Saris Counseling LLC
We make every effort to work with your insurance carrier for dietitian coverage. However, each insurance carrier has a separate set of rules and policies that govern coverage it can be difficult to remember and manage all this information from different sources. We will contact your insurance provider to verify coverage however, we are offering you a self-service guide to use when verifying your insurance coverage to help you better understand the coverage for dietitian services.
- Evolve is a program within Saris Counseling LLC so when contacting your insurance carrier you are asking for coverage with Saris Counseling.
- Some insurance carriers will ask for information about Saris Counseling such as Tax ID number, NPI number or billing codes. Here is that information.
- Tax ID: 263443205
- NPI number: Saris Counseling LLC 1700018389
- Dietitian billing codes: 97803 and 97802
- Diagnosis we bill for: F5000, F5001, F5002, F502, F509 and Z713
- When you contact your insurance carrier please confirm that Saris Counseling is an in-network provider. We are in-network with all major insurance carriers however there are some market place plans that we are NOT in network for so it is essential to make sure we are in-network.
- Ask the customer service representative if there is DIETITITAN COVERAGE FOR EATING DISORDERS within your plan. It is important to ask for this specific coverage as some insurance carriers offer dietitian coverage but only for diabetes or cardiac care.
- If there is not coverage for dietitian services for eating disorders we offer out of pocket rates or ask your insurance carrier about a gap exception or gap request. A gap exception or gap request is essentially requesting the insurance to cover a service that is not covered within your plan. These are based on need. Gap exceptions/Gap requests are requested by the insurance holder not the service provider, however information from the service provider may be needed such as progress notes or medical data.
If there is coverage for dietitian services for eating disorders then you will need to find out if there is a limit to how many sessions you have per calendar year, if there is a co-payment for each visit and/or if you have a deductible for the calendar year.
If you have questions please reach out to us, we would be glad to assist you in any way we can.